3.23.2011

Upcoming Events

Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I have nothing to blame it on other than sheer laziness. During Spring Break I did absolutely nothing (good times) and I really haven't had a lot to do since I got back to school either so I'm just here... twiddling my thumbs. I've got some projects and events coming up that I really need to work on and prepare for, but come on, it's the first few days of spring. I usually blame everything from a head cold to bad moods on the weather and so I think it's fitting that I blame my laziness on it too :)
As for the upcoming events, I have several on my schedule. First is this music festival/craft fair that's going on April 1-2 at Harding called First Thaw. The festival is bringing in bands like The Avett Brothers and The Non-Commissioned Officers. The purpose of First Thaw is to support and educate the public about Heifer International. If you don't know about this amazing organization, follow the link HERE. I'm going to be selling some of my pottery at one of the student art booths and 15% of the profits made from the festival will go to support Heifer International. If you're in the Little Rock/Central Arkansas area during this weekend, you should come out and support this wonderful cause!
My next 2 events are both on April 9th. One is another craft fair called the Harding Bazaar which will be open from 11-4 (again, stop by if you're in the area!). I'll be selling more pottery along with paintings, prints, and photography. I'll be running from that event to my social club's Spring Formal that I've been planning (along with my friend Whitney) so I have a feeling I'm going to be a little nuts that day. Thank goodness my parents are coming down to help with the Bazaar!

Whew.

Looking at all that freaks me out a little. Plus I haven't even thought much about my 10 page art history paper that will be due in the middle of all that. But I'm a lot more at ease about the formal now that we've got a ton of the details nailed down. Our theme is "A Night in Black and White" and here are some pics that I'm drawing inspiration from:







Forgive me, but I don't have sources for any of these pics. They probably came from the wedding blogs located in my daily reads section so check them out! The string ball picture is mine though so I can at least source myself :) We're going with a clean, slightly vintage feel and we're really excited about how everything is falling into place. I'll be sure to take a ton of pictures during all the events and have lots to show and tell :)

Hope you're having a wonderful week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment