1.04.2011

30 for 30

I found a really cute fashion blog a few months ago called Kendi Everyday. Usually I steer clear of fashion blogs because they usually don't fit my style, but this one is spot on! 

Here are some of my favorites outfits:




One thing that kept me reading this blog was the project Kendi created called "30 for 30". You pick 30 pieces of clothing (including shoes and coats, but not accessories) and remix them into 30 outfits for 30 days. Also, you can't shop for those 30 days. The idea behind this is learn how to create a working wardrobe and how to reinvent what you already have instead of looking in a stocked closet and thinking "I have nothing to wear."

Why am I telling you about this?




Cause I'm takin' on the challenge! 
Starting... tomorrow!!!


I've picked out my 30 items and I've packed away all my other clothes to eliminate temptation. Honestly, this is going to take a lot of will power for me because I'm so indecisive when I try on clothes so being limited only to 30 items will be tough. I'm going to take pictures everyday (hopefully) to show you how I'm doing and so I can try to keep up with what I've worn so I don't duplicate an outfit. Hopefully by the end of this experiment I'll have a new found appreciation for what I have and also come away with some fun outfit ideas.

Here are my 30 items:

Bottoms: 4
Dark skinny jeans 
Dark bootcut jeans
Dark gray trousers
Black pencil skirt 

Dress: 1
Black w/ pleats 

Coats: 3
Black pea coat
Brown pea coat 
Gray rain jacket 

Undershirts: 3
Black tanktop 
White tanktop 
Red v-neck 

Shirts: 6
Gray longsleeve tshirt 
Black longsleeve tshirt 
White longsleeve tshirt 
Navy and red longsleeve tshirt 
Pink ruffle blouse
Plum shortsleeve blouse

Cardigans: 4
Gray w/ collar
Black button-up
Navy w/ striped sleeve
Cream (extra long)

Sweaters: 3
Gray cowl neck
Black cowl neck
Black turtleneck

Shoes: 6
Brown riding boots
Brown ankle boots
Gray knee-high boots
Black pumps
Black flats
Leopard flats

On paper it looks like a lot, but when I look in my closet I really see where the challenge is. I can, however, wear whatever accessories I want (Thank goodness!!!) so hopefully I won't look too simple/boring with my basics. I took pics of all the items so I'll be posting those soon.

I'd love to share this experience with someone and to know I'm not the only one struggling with ideas so if you want to take on the challenge, let me know!

See you tomorrow with outfit #1!

No comments:

Post a Comment